“For the fifth straight year, hospital CEO turnover held steady at 18 percent, according to a recent report by the American College of Healthcare Executives. While less than the record high of 20 percent in 2013, the last five years represent the longest period during which turnover has remained elevated to this level since the study began in the early 1980s.” (ACHE.org)
Signs and Symptoms of Employee Burnout and Disengagement
- Exhaustion or chronic fatigue
- Frequent headaches or muscle pain
- Lowered immunity/getting sick often
- Change in appetite or sleep habits
- Low motivation
- Sense of self-doubt and failure
- Feeling helpless, defeated, and trapped
- An increasingly cynical outlook
- Decreased sense of satisfaction
- Feeling detached from the workplace
- Isolation and withdrawal from peers
- Taking out frustrations on others
- Evading responsibilities/procrastination
- Decreased productivity
- Excessive absenteeism or tardiness
Most healthcare executives polled indicate workforce shortages either already are or are very likely to be one of the three most significant challenges facing their organization. 2
Nearly 9 in 10 respondents are at least somewhat likely to implement strategies such as increasing staff engagement, raising salaries or expanding their recruitment budget to compete with emerging health care providers in the race to acquire talent. 2
Two-thirds of hospital and health system leaders either already are partnering with outside staffing experts to optimize their workforce or are at least somewhat likely to do so. 2
AMERICAN CONSULTANTS IS A NATIONAL HEALTHCARE RECRUITING FIRM SPECIALIZING IN INTERIM AND PERMANENT EXECUTIVE PLACEMENTS.
Our clients range from large healthcare systems to rural hospitals, from clinics to laboratories, and from clinical research organizations to providers of information technology to the healthcare industry.
At American Consultants, we truly understand the pulse of healthcare and are committed to providing a wide range of healthcare staff, executive search, interim leadership and consulting services with a personal touch.